Grilled Pork Loin with Blueberry-Kiwi Salsa
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1pint blueberries, chopped
- 1/2cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4cup red onion, minced
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3/4teaspoon paprika or chipotle chile powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 two pound, center-cut pork loin
- 2tablespoons grapeseed oil, plus more for grilling
- To grill the pork loin, preheat a grill over high heat, or to roast, preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Combine the kiwis, blueberries, cilantro, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon of the salt and toss well. Set the salsa aside. Place the paprika or chipotle chile powder on a plate along with the turmeric, cumin, the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Roll the pork loin in the spice mixture to coat. Drizzle the pork with the oil.
- TO GRILL: Grease the grill with grapeseed oil. Adjust the grill flame setting to medium to medium low. Place the loin on the grill and cook, turning often, until no longer translucent inside and cooked through, or until it registers 145˚F on an instant-read thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the loin rest for 5 minutes before slicing, then serve with the salsa.
- TO ROAST: Place the pork in a 7 × 11-inch baking dish and roast on the lower rack, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the center, and it registers 145˚F on an instant-read thermometer. Let the loin rest for 5 minutes before slicing, then serve with the salsa.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eat Complete © 2016 by Drew Ramsey, MD, HarperCollins.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 277
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 104mg
- Sodium 382mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 34g