Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Sandwiches
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 eggplant
- about 1cups tomato sauce (use about 2-3 tbsp sauce per sandwich)
- 6-8slices mozzarella cheese
- 6-8 whole-wheat buns
- Peel the eggplant, and slice it thickly (think a little over a half an inch thick). Season with salt and pepper.
- With the grill on medium-high heat, grill the eggplant for a few minutes until softened, with grill lines. Flip over, top with the mozzarella, and move to a cooler side of the grill with the lid shut to finish cooking and melt the cheese. The eggplant takes about 10-15 minutes to cook completely. During the last couple minutes throw the tomatoes and buns on the grill.
- Plop each eggplant slice on a bun, add a healthy spoonful of sauce, top with tomato slice.
Recipe courtesy of Lauren Zietsman, a Long Island physical therapist who blogs about “making healthy a lifestyle and not a diet plan”. To view more recipes, visit Lauren’s blog at A Full Measure of Happiness.