Grilled Salmon with Garlic-Kale Pesto and Summer Squash
- Yield: 4 servings
- coconut oil, for grilling
- 2cups garlic scapes
- 2cups packed kale leaves
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1pound (4 filets) wild salmon, skin intact
- 1pound yellow squash, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- Oil a grill with coconut oil and preheat the grill over high heat.
- Put the garlic scapes, kale, olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped. Divide the pesto in half and reserve one-half for another use.
- Place the salmon on the grill, flesh side down, and grill 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon, and place the squash slices on the grill. Brush the pesto over the salmon and the squash.
Grill the squash, turning it occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Grill the salmon 4 to 5 minutes until the skin crisps but the center is still medium. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eat Complete © 2016 by Drew Ramsey, MD, HarperCollins.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 408
- Fat 18g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 388mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 30g