TexaSweet Citrus Marketing, Inc.
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1/2cup fresh Texas Rio Star Grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12-- wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes in water
Prepare the grill.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, grapefruit zest, grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
Add shrimp to the marinade, stirring well to coat. Let marinate for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
Thread shrimp onto wooden skewers. Cook the shrimp until just done, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Brush each side with glaze while grilling.
In a small saucepan, bring the remaining glaze to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat and pour over shrimp skewers and serve.