- Yield: 4 servings
Guacamole, combined with a melting piece of low-fat Monterey Jack and some slowly cooked caramelized onion . . . well, it’s most satisfying. You can certainly serve this with a bun (try the high-fiber/low cal variety for something different), but serving it all on its own really lets the flavor of the beef shine through.
- 1pound Laura’s Lean Ground Round or Ground Sirloin - 96% lean
- 1-- avocado
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4teaspoon cumin
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4slices low-fat Monterey-Jack cheese
- 1-- onion, thinly sliced and cooked until golden in non-stick skillet lightly sprayed with cooking oil (optional)
- 4-- high-fiber, whole wheat burger buns (optional)
- -- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Divide ground beef into 4 equal patties and season with salt and pepper if using. Heat grill to high and lightly grease grill rack. Place burger on grill and cook about 4 minutes each side, until center of burger reaches 145 degrees F using an instant read thermometer.
- While burgers cook, peel and seed avocado and place in bowl with minced garlic, salt, lime juice, cumin and cilantro. Mash and mix, leaving some chunks of avocado in the guacamole.
- When burgers are done, top each with 1 slice cheese. Add about 1 tablespoon guacamole to each burger and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Laura's Lean Beef.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 230
- Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 499mg
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Protein 28g