- Yield: servings
- 2-- ripe avocados
- 1-- garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4medium tomato, chopped into 1/4-inch dice
- Peel and seed avocado. Mash with a large fork or potato masher. Add remaining ingredients; stir gently. If not using immediately, cover with plastic wrap pressed directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate-preferably not more than a few hours. Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
Adapted from Mexican Everyday, by Rick Bayless (W. W. Norton & Company, 2005).