Guilt-Free Crumbly Pumpkin Bread
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4cup whole-wheat pasty flour
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/4cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3cup coconut oil
- 1/4cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4cup applesauce
- 2large eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- For crumb topping:
- 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly coat three 5 3/4-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick spray. To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and butter; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, coconut oil, butter, applesauce, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop the batter evenly into loaf pans. Sprinkle with reserved topping, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
- Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting cake onto a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of Damn Delicious.