Guilt-Free Mocha Mousse
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1can full-fat coconut milk
- 2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2tablespoons Stevia (you can use regular sugar if you wish)
- 2teaspoons coffee extract, or 1-2 T strong espresso
- 1cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 4-6 chocolate covered coffee beans (optional)
- Flip the coconut milk can upside-down and place in the fridge for several hours to cool. The coconut cream will separate from the coconut milk. Remove from fridge, keeping it flipped-upside down, and open the can from the bottom side. Drain out the coconut milk. You will have coconut cream left at the bottom! Scoop this out and place in a large bowl.
- In a stand-mixer or with electric beaters, whip the coconut cream until light and fluffy. Add the cocoa powder, Stevia, and coffee extract. Whip until well combined.
- Spoon the mousse into your serving cups, and place in the fridge to chill for another 20mins. I used glass espresso cups as serving cups. You can also spoon the mousse into a pastry bag, and pipe the mousse into the serving dishes (which is what I did), for a cleaner presentation.
- Remove from fridge and sprinkle the tops with the finely chopped hazelnuts, and finally one chocolate covered coffee bean.
Elizabeth Minett is a dessert and fashion blogger, food photographer, and model who shares all-things-sweet and stylish at Haut Appetit. Follow her on Twitter at @hautappetit.