Ham and Veggie Pitas
- 2 pita pockets
- 1 carrot
- 3slices ham
- a few spinach leaves
- 1 small container of mayo, optional
- Add homemade snack mix and orange slices in top containers.
- Assemble sandwiches by slicing two pita pockets in half. Carefully open them and fill them with ham and spinach leaves.
- Peel a carrot and continue slicing the carrot with your peeler. Add those carrot slices by gently folding them in half and adding them to the pita pockets.
- Place all three pockets in the lunchbox, add a small piece of parchment paper and add energy bites. If desired, add a small container with mayonnaise.
Recipe courtesy of Nina from Mama Belly, a military wife and mom of four wonderful children. Nina started making bento-style lunches when her youngest son started preschool and she discovered he was quite a picky eater.