- Yield: 6- 8 ounce jars servings
- 5pounds apples, unpeeled, cored, and cut up
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground allspice
- 1pinch salt
- Coat a 6 quart slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Add all the ingredients and toss the mixture. Cover and cook on low for 12 hours (or overnight). Remove the lid and cook for additional 2-4 hours on low to reach your desired thickness.
- Blend apple butter with an immersion blender, food processor, or regular blender.
- Store in covered containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 months, freeze for up to 3 months, or can the apple butter via the above procedure. Use 6 – 8 ounce jars for canning 5 pounds cooked apples.
Reprinted with permission from Snack-girl.com. Snack-Girl.com is a great source for healthy snack recipes, food advice, and reviews of the best and worst snacks. Snack Girl is written by Lisa Cain. She is a published author, mother of two, and avid snacker.