- Yield: servings
- 2small roasted beets
- 1cup chickpeas
- 1/4cup tahini
- 1/4cup water
- 1-2cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- -- juice of 1 lemon
- -- salt/pepper to taste
- Rinse beets, cut off greens, and place in tin foil. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 40 minutes. Once beets have cooled, peel off outer and chop.
- Place the roasted beets, chickpeas, tahini, water, minced garlic, cumin, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add more extra virgin olive oil if necessary or to thin out the consistency of the hummus.
- Serve chilled with raw vegetable.
Reprinted with permission from www.veggietable-brooklyn.blogspot.com by Brooke Jackson. Brooke Jackson was born and raised in Alabama where she now lives with her husband and pomeranian. She has been a vegetarian more than half her live and is passionate about cooking with healthy foods.