Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
- Yield: servings
- 1-- apple (granny smith are really great but really any variety will do!)
- 2-- bananas
- 2-- kiwi
- 1-2cups strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, mandarin oranges, etc (frozen will even do!)
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon nutmeg
- 1package flour tortillas
- 1/2cup butter, melted or softened
- 1/4cup cinnamon
- 3/4cup sugar
For the salsa:
- Peel and dice your apple, bananas, kiwi and any other fruits that need to be cut into salsa-sized pieces and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add in any additional smaller fruits and berries and lightly mix together. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour over fruit mixture and mix gently until well incorporated, refrigerate for 15 minutes to let the juices mix. Serve with cinnamon chips and ENJOY!
For the chips:
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut your tortillas into chip-sized triangular pieces and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush melted or softened butter over the tortilla pieces.
- Sprinkle each tortilla chip generously with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool and serve with fruit salsa.
* When I don't have any butter, spray my tortillas with a butter-flavored cooking spray and then sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over them. They come out just as tasty and with a bit less fat per chip too!
Reprinted with permission from SmashedPeasandCarrots by Maggie Brereton. Maggie Brereton is a busy momma to 3 little ones, with one on the way, who writes a DIY craft blog found at SmashedPeasandCarrots.blogspot.com. She shares her love for all things DIY including step-by-step sewing and craft tutorials, delicious family friendly recipes, projects to do with your little ones and of course her life as a momma of young children age 5 and under. She also runs her own children’s clothing company under the same name, Smashed Peas and Carrots, where she sells unique and handmade classics such as vintage-style dresses for little girls and custom Onesies for babies.