Healthy Italian Barramundi with Tomato and Wine Sauce
- Yield: servings
- 2pounds Australis Barramundi fillets
- 1medium onion, minced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4cup white wine
- 1pound peeled diced tomatoes (canned or fresh, about a cup)
- 2tablespoons corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Thaw fillets if frozen (about 20 min. under cold water) and pat dry
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent
4. Add white wine, basil and oregano. Simmer for 1 minute
5. Add diced tomatoes with juice. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
6. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
7. Stir in corn starch mixture to thicken to preferred consistency
8. Place fillets on lightly greased baking pan
9. Cover with tomato mixture.
10. Bake at 350 about 10 -15 minutes, or until barramundi flakes easily.