Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield: 18 pieces
- 2 Ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 2/3cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- dash ground cloves
- dash ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4cup nuts
- 1/4cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4cup reduced fat unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and spices. Add in oats, nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir until well combined.
- Spoon rounded 2 tbsp. of cookie mixture onto lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each, and flatten slightly. If wanted, place a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
Recipe courtesy of Amanda at The Skinny Fork.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 99.3
- Fat 5.1 g
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g