Mushroom Frittata with Quinoa and Fresh Herbs
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa (1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 6 large pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives or tarragon
- 1teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 green onions or garlic scapes, thinly sliced
- 1cup sliced mushrooms such as maitake, shiitake, or chanterelle, brushed clean and sliced
- olive oil
- 1/4cup assorted pitted olives, whole or chopped
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in the quinoa, Parmesan, herbs, pepper, green onions or garlic scapes, and mushrooms.
- Coat a medium, ovenproof skillet with a thick layer of olive oil. Place over medium- high heat, add the egg mixture, and sprinkle with the olives. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes without stirring.
- Preheat the broiler with the rack in the second position from the top. Broil the frittata until the top is lightly browned and the eggs have firmed up in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and let it rest for 3 minutes. Loosen the edges with a spatula and cut into 6 wedges. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eat Complete © 2016 by Drew Ramsey, MD, HarperCollins.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 232
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 295mg
- Sodium 409mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 16g
You must be logged in to post a comment.