Hearty Garden Breakfast
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2-- eggs with 2 tablespoons water and 2 pinches of salt, scrambled in a bowl
- 1 1/2cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2cup broccoli-cauliflower mix, chopped small
- 1/4cup chopped mushrooms
- 3tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2teaspoons vegetable or olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil on medium-high heat, add broccoli-cauliflower mixture, mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and water, cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add egg and cook until firm, solid and not clear, 2 to 3 minutes.
- When eggs are almost completely cooked, add tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, stir.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 422
- Cholesterol 195mg
- Sodium 397mg
- Fiber 7.8g