Heavenly Yam Delight
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup plus 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3cup chopped pecans
- 6tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-- (8-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-- (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) drained
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4cup sugar
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, pecans, and butter. Press into bottom of pan. Bake 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and remaining 2/3 cup confectioners sugar until creamy. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- In mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and sugar until smooth. Carefully spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 223
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 22mg
- Sodium 115mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g