Herb-Stuffed Chicken with Tomato Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/4pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 2cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4slices prosciutto
- 1 3/4cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 3/4cups yellow cherry tomatoes
- 6cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2teaspoons olive oil
1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil large baking dish with cooking spray.
2 Halve unpeeled potatoes lengthwise. Place potato, in single layer, in dish; spray lightly with oil. Roast about 45 minutes or until browned lightly and tender.
3 Meanwhile, combine finely chopped basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, and rind in small bowl. Halve chicken breasts horizontally, without cutting all the way through; open chicken breasts out flat onto board. Divide herb mixture among chicken pieces; fold to enclose filling, wrapping each with a prosciutto slice to secure.
4 Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray, heat over medium heat, and cook chicken about 10 minutes or until browned all over; place chicken on baking sheet. Roast in oven during the last 15 minutes of the potato cooking time, or until chicken is cooked through.
5 Meanwhile, cook tomatoes in same pan, over high heat, stirring, 3 minutes. Combine tomatoes, spinach, and coarsely chopped basil in large bowl with combined vinegar and oil. Serve salad with chicken and potatoes. Garnish chicken with extra lemon thyme leaves, if you like.
Prep plus Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Reprinted with permission from Delish Diabetes Cookbook © 2013 by Hearst Communications, Inc.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 331
- Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Sodium 588 mg
- Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Fiber 6.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g