- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1/2cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1-- (1.25-ounce) package Onion Soup Mix (one envelope)
- 1 1/4cups water plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/3cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
Season chicken and coat lightly with flour.
In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides, remove from skillet. Add onion and green pepper, scraping sides and sautéing until tender.
Return chicken to skillet. In small bowl, combine soup mix, 1 1/4 cups water, and wine. Pour over chicken. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook, covered, until chicken is tender, 20-25 minutes.
In small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water, add to sauce in pan. Bring to boil and boil one minute, stirring until thickened. Serve chicken and sauce.
Tip: Always remember to dissolve cornstarch in cold liquid before adding to your recipe-cornstarch is a quick thickening agent.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 272
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 654mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 41g