Homemade Chunky Fries
- Yield: 8 servings
A healthier baked version of everyone's favorite addition to all-American dishes!
- 8large russet (baking) potatoes
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into chunky wedges, approximately ¾ inch wide. Place the flour into a large plastic bag and season with sea salt and pepper. Working in four batches, drop handfuls of the potato wedges into the bag and toss to coat.
- Remove and transfer to the baking sheets, placing the wedges in single file. Drizzle with the oil and turn to coat well. Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, or until crisp and tender.
- Noeline Wright wrote: Add 1 envelope of vegetable soup mix to 1 cup of flour and use that to add a delicious flavor to your Homemade Chunky Fries.
- Optional: To make Chunky Cheese Chips, shred about 5 ounces Gouda cheese, to make 1¼ cups. When the potatoes are nearly finished roasting, top them with the cheese and return to the oven for 3 minutes so that the cheese melts.
Copyright © 2012 by Meymott Enterprises Pty Ltd. Originally published in 2012 by Simon & Schuster Australia. From 4 INGREDIENTS ONE POT, ONE BOWL by Kim McCosker