Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Yield: <p>1/2</p> cups
- 8ounces can tomato sauce
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- Apinches salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium to medium low heat.
- Cook until reduced by half, stirring regularly until thickened, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Spread evenly on dough, leaving 1/2" edge without sauce.
- Makes approximately 1/2 Cup of sauce, or enough for one 12" pizza crust.