Sliced and sautéed, this flavorful cheese turns into the perfect meal maker when placed atop a bed of greens.
- 240grams mixed salad greens
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 slices of Halloumi cheese
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon Aniseed, toasted
- Place salad greens in a bowl and toss with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Arrange the greens on a plate and set aside.
- Using a non-stick pan, sauté the cheese 3 – 4 minutes on each side in a medium hot pan.
- Place cooked cheese on top of salad greens.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle toasted aniseed on top. Best enjoyed immediately while cheese is still hot.
Bio: Mona lives in her native Galway, Ireland with her husband Ron (a chef), their children Jack and Rorí, and foster daughters Sam and Lulu, dog Pearl, and 18 hens, ducks and guinea fowl and turkeys. Their blog Wise Words offers an array of unique traditional, modern, and kid-friendly recipes.