Baked Chicken, Sweet & Sizzlin’
- Yield: servings
- 2pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1pound chicken thighs with skin
- 2cups soy sauce
- 1/2cup vinegar
- 1large sweet onion cut into slices
- 2tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2cup of water
- 1/4cup of honey
- 2-- jalapenos cut into slices
- 1/2cup of bannana peppers
- 2-- (8oz) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1stick of butter or maragine
- 1can of non stick butter spray
- 1large box of instant rice
- 1can pineapple slices
in a large sealable plastic bag combine
soy sauce, vinegar,sliced onion, red pepper flakes, water,honey and peppers along with the chicken thighs marinate at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
while chicken is marinating wash and dry the mushrooms then melt stick of butter in frying pan stir in the mushrooms until tender.
make instant rice according to package directions.
in separate frying pan spray with nonstick butter spray place drained pineapple slices heat until warm (may grill the slices)
after chicken has marinated place the chicken mixture into a large baking pan top with the mushroom mixture. place into a preheated 400 degree oven with the oven rack placed at the medium to low position. bake about 15 minutes. turn the chicken over, place temperature to broil and continue to cook approximately 10 more minutes (basting occasionaly during cooking) until chicken is done.
place the rice into the center of a plate top with the chicken mixture place pineapple slices on the side to garnish.