- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 10-- ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 2medium zucchini, sliced
- 1medium red onion, chopped
- 1medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ears of corn with enough water to cover in a stockpot. Bring to a boil. Boil until tender; drain. Remove the kernels of the hot corn with a sharp knife into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in the zucchini, onion and bell pepper. Add the butter and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until the butter melts and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Bristol, TN/VA, Start Your Ovens, Cooking the Way it Ought'a Be from the Junior Leage of Bristol (The Junior Leage of Bristol, TN/VA 2001)