Kale Basil Mint Parsley Pesto
- 1bunch kale, leaves only, stalks and veins trimmed
- 2cups fresh basil leaves
- 1cup parsley leaves
- 1cup mint leaves
- 6cloves garlic
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil; add kale leaves and blanch until just wilted, about 30-45 seconds. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water; squeeze dry.
- Place kale, basil, parsley, mint, and garlic in food processor; process until almost smooth; gradually add olive oil and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Jeanette, the creator of the popular food blog, Jeanette’s Healthy Living, and the mom of four boys. Named #1 Foodie Mom by Circle of Moms in its Top 25 Foodie Moms of 2012, and among the top 20 blogs nominated for Healthline’s Best Health Blog 2012 and featured on Recipe.com‘s “Food Blogs We Love,” Jeanette’s Healthy Living features recipes that are healthy and delicious.