Lasagna Baked Penne with Kale and Mozzarella
- 8ounces ground beef
- 6ounces spinach penne
- 1 onion
- 2cloves garlic
- 4ounces kale
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4cup panko
- 4ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 1teaspoon chili flakes
- 1box diced tomatoes
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water with a large pinch of salt to a boil. Halve, peel, and finely chop the onion. Mince or grate the garlic. Remove and discard the kale ribs and stems, then roughly chop the leaves.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook 9-11 minutes, until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook, tossing, for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the beef, garlic, oregano, and as many chili flakes as you like to the pan. Cook, breaking up the meat into pieces, until browned and no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the drained pasta, beef mixture, diced tomatoes, kale, and half the mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled baking dish (ours is 9″x 13″) and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and panko breadcrumbs. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. Enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh and is being used with permission.