Lebanese Chicken Kabobs
This wrap offers an exotic Eastern-inspired spin on the everyday chicken wrap.; and would be a perfect addition to grilling get-togethers on warm summer nights!
- chicken marinade
- 2pounds skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- small slice of lemon with the peel (optional, don't put too much)
- 15cloves garlic, crushed
- 6tablespoons plain light Greek yogurt
- 6tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1.5 to 2teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1/3teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme or oregano
- 1/3teaspoon paprika
- 1+teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1teaspoon tomato paste
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 to 2 green bell peppers, cut into cubes large enough to stay on skewers
- For Serving as Wraps
- pita bread
- garlic paste
- cucumber, cut into slices
- Lebanese Garlic Paste
- Mix all chicken marinade ingredients well and rub into chicken.
- Place in a container, cover, and let rest/marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- When you’re ready to grill toss cherry tomatoes and green bell peppers in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Skewer the chicken right before grilling, skewer tomatoes and peppers separately as they won’t take as long to grill.
- Grill on medium heat for 12-18 minutes maximum. Remove from grill and place in a big warm pot with lid tightly covering, and let rest for 8-10 minutes – this helps the chicken become more moist.
- Spread 1 teaspoon Lebanese garlic paste along the diameter of each piece of pita bread, add cucumber slices, grilled tomatoes and peppers, grilled chicken, roll as a wrap and enjoy.
Lebanese Garlic Paste: http://www.mamaslebanesekitchen.com/dips/lebanese-garlic-dip/
Bio: Recipe courtesy of Mama’s Lebanese Kitchen, a food blog featuring healthy traditional Northern Lebanese recipes. The author, Esperance Sammour, is a mom and retired school teacher who is also well known in her circles for her excellent cooking style.