Lebanese Summer Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2cup cold water
- 6medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1bunch green onions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/3cup vegetable, canola or extra virgin olive oil
- -- Juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
- 1teaspoon salt, or to taste
1. Combine the bulgur wheat and 1/2 cup cold water in a medium bowl. Let stand 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
2. Add remaining ingredients, stir to blend, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serves 6.