Leek and Mushroom Quinoa
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup quino
- 2cups water
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1-- leek, diced
- 3tablespoons white wine
- 1/4cup blue cheese crumbles
- -- Salt and pepper
- Add quinoa and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms and leek and sauté for 5 minutes until they start to become tender. Pour white wine over and cook for an additional 3 minutes until a thick sauce forms.
- Stir mushrooms and leeks into the quinoa alone with the blue cheese crumbles. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of the Mushroom Council and Food for My Family