Lemon Bundt Cake
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1/2cup margarine, at room temperature
- 3/4cup plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 3large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1cup low-fat lemon yogurt, drained of any excess liquid
- 1tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together margarine and 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg whites and beat 4 minutes with a mixer on medium speed. Add vanilla and lemon extracts.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- In another small dish, combine yogurt and lemon rind. To the butter mixture, add dry ingredients alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour into a bundt pan and bake 40 to 50 minuts, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice until sugar is melted; set aside. Let the cake sit in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate and pour hot glaze over.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 168
- Fat 3.2g
- Saturated Fat .6g
- Cholesterol 1mg
- Sodium 174mg