- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 50 minutes
- 3 1/2ounces sucralose sweetener
- Juice of 2 lemons and zest of 3 lemons
- 4 eggs, separated
- 5 1/2ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 7ounces quark cheese
- 1 3/4ounces golden raisins
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 340F. In a large bowl, dissolve the sweetener in the lemon juice, then add the egg yolks and whisk until pale and thick. Add the cream cheese and quark cheese, and beat until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and zest into the cream cheese mixture, then add the golden raisins. Stir to mix. Sprinkle the four over the mixture and fold it in gently. In a clean bowl, using a clean whisk, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the cheesecake mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a deep, round, 8in springform cake pan, greased and lined with wax paper. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden and almost set; it should still wobble slightly in the center. Leave it to cool in the oven with the door open (this should prevent it from cracking too much).
- Once cooled, run a knife around the edge of the pan, release the sides and carefully remove the cheesecake.
—Reprinted with permission from The Diabetes Cookbook. Copyright 2013, DK Publishing.