Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2cup peanut oil
- 1/2cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3cup golden superfine sugar
- 1 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup ground almonds
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup cupcake or muffin pan with small silicone or paper bake cases.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth, then spoon the batter into the bake cases. Bake the cakes in the oven for 18 minutes, or until risen, golden, and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Reprinted with permission from QuickCook Low Fat by Jo McAuley, Hamlyn.