Lemony Chicken and Red Grape Salad
- Yield: servings
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (preferably organic)
- -- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Yogurt Dressing:
- 3/4cup plain yogurt
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4cup finely diced celery
- 1/4cup finely diced green apple
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2cup seedless red grapes, halved
- -- Pita bread
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lemon juice and zest and juice, thyme and garlic and let sit in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Remove chicken from bowl and season with pepper and salt. Using an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan, cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cool and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- To make the dressing, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, apples, vinegar, parsley, basil and grapes; mix well. Add cooked chicken and let sit in the refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Cut pita in half and stuff with chicken salad.
Recipe by Chef James Boyce