Warm French Lentil Salad with Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This warm and filling salad is perfectly complimented by caramelized sweet potatoes, crunchy pepitas, and creamy feta.
- 1/2cup French lentils
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 1ounce pepitas
- 2ounces feta cheese
- 8ounces Brussels sprouts
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1unit stock concentrate
- 1teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2tablespoons plus two teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel and cut the sweet potato into ½-inch cubes. Halve, peel, and finely chop the red onion. Halve the Brussels sprouts lengthwise through the core and thinly slice.
- In a bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 teaspoon honey and Italian herbs. Add the sweet potatoes, toss, and season with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add the lentils, stock concentrate, and enough water to cover the lentils by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Add a pinch of salt 5 minutes before they are done. Once tender, drain, return the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, for 3 minutes, until softened and slightly crispy. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the warm lentils, roasted potatoes, and the Brussels sprouts. Toss to combine.
- Serve the lentil salad with a sprinkle of feta and pepitas on top.
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh and is used with permission.