Life-Changing Quinoa Avocado Bread Buns
- Yield: 7 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2cups whole quinoa
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2tablespoons ground linseed
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1pinch sea salt flakes
- 1whole avocado
- 1whole lime, zest and juice
- 1tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 3/4cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add quinoa to a blender and whiz until you get it to a flour consistency.
- In a bowl, mix quinoa, almond meal, linseed, sesame seeds, sea salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, peel and mash the avocado. Add lime zest and juice, honey, and water.
- Add the avocado water mix to the dry ingredients, and mix well by hand for 2-3 minutes until you got a sticky, firm dough.
- Shape 7 balls out of the dough, slightly flatten them (not too much though) and place them in the baking paper, making sure they don’t touch.
- Bake for around 25 minutes. Check them after about 15 minutes and if the bottom browns more than the top, turn them over for the remaining time. To check if they’re done, poke 2-3 of them with a BBQ skewer and if it comes out clean and if the outside is golden brown, they’re done .
- Allow them to completely cool before cutting.
Originally appeared as “Life-Changing Quinoa Avocado Bread Buns” on Tales of a Kitchen.