Lime Quinoa with Black Beans, Scallions and Feta
- Yield: servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 1/3cup dry quinoa
- 2/3cup water
- 1small whole garlic clove, peeled
- 1 scallion/green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2cup black beans (if you are using canned beans, be sure to drain and rinse them well)
- 1tablespoon crumbled feta
- juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa, water and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, mix in a large bowl the scallion, black beans, feta, lime juice, and salt and peper.
- When the quinoa is cooked, use a spoon to mash the garlic clove and stir it around in the quinoa.
- Add the quinoa on the bean mixture [it’ll melt the feta just a little…mmm…] and stir it all up. Give ‘er a taste and add more lime juice if you feel the need.
Recipe courtesy of Teri Zawrotny, a food, fitness, and fashion enthusiast. She is a certified group fitness instructor, an accomplished runner, an amateur chef, and an Instagram fashionista. Visit her blog A Foodie Stays Fit.