- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1large bunch fresh spinach, stemmed and washed (5 to 6 cups)
- 1-- (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1-- (16-ounce) package linguine
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil. Add garlic and spinach. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Toss with spinach in skillet, sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 402
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 202mg
- Carbohydrate 65g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 18g