Linguine with Greens, Yogurt, Almonds and Blue Cheese
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1pound linguine
- 1pound mixed greens or spinach cleaves, coarsely chopped
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 2ounces Roquefort, Gorgonzola or Stilton, mashed with a fork
- 1cup creamy Greek yogurt or whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3cup coarsely ground unskinned almonds
- -- Fruity extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. One minute before the end of cooking, drop greens into the pot. Drain pasta and greens, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- In the same pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add pasta and greens, cheese, yogurt and about 1/2 cup or more cooking liquid, enough to moisten pasta. Add salt, pepper and almonds and toss well.
- Serve in a warm bowl or platter. Drizzle with fruity olive oil if using.
Recipe by Aglaia Kremezi. Reprinted with permission from K. Dun Gifford and Sara Baer-Sinnott’s The Oldways Table: Essays & Recipes from the Culinary Think Tank (Ten Speed Press, 2007).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 396
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 369mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 13g