- 2-- (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1medium red bell pepper, trimmed, seeded, diced 1/4-inch
- 1/2medium red or yellow onion, diced 1/4 inch
- 2-- green onions, thinly sliced (both bulb and stems)
- 2-- jalapeno peppers, trimmed, seeded, finely diced (or 1/3 cup canned jalapeno slices, finely diced)
- 3 to 4-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/2cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2teaspoon salt, or to taste
Mix black-eyed peas, peppers, onion, green onion, and garlic. Add hot pepper sauce and salad dressing; toss lightly. Add salt to taste and stir.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Barbara J. Pyper, Washington. Reprinted with permission from John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 110
- Fat 2g
- Sodium 590mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 6g