- Yield: 14 pieces
With only a handful of ingredients, these macaroon-esque cookies couldn’t be simpler.
- 8 dates, pits removed, chopped
- 3/4cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4cup roasted, salted macadamias
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon raw honey
- 1 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. You want a slightly chunky consistency, not a smooth paste.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown on tops and bottoms.
- Cool on trays placed on wire racks. Store in an airtight container 3-4 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
- Note: If you’re using dates that are a little older, use a few extra to help with moisture, or simply soak in warm water for 5 minutes, then drain prior to using.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleo Indulgences by Tammy Credicott. Victory Belt Publishing, 2012.