Mango-Lime Grilled Swordfish
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2large unripe, firm mangos, peeled and pitted
- 1/4cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2cup cold water
- 1teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2teaspoons coarse salt
- 2-- garlic cloves
- 4-- (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
- 2tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1large unripe, firm mango, peeled, pitted and cut into ½ inch slices
- -- Italian parsley for garnish
- To prepare the marinade: Using a blender combine the mango, lime, water, black pepper, salt and garlic and puree on high speed for about 30 seconds. Place the swordfish in a large resealable storage bag. Pour 1 cup marinade into the bag, close and refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Reserve remaining 3/4 cup marinade.
- To grill the swordfish: Preheat the grill to very hot*. Remove the swordfish from the marinade and pat dry. Brush a tablespoon of olive oil on the swordfish steaks and place on the hottest part of the grill. After 2 minutes, turn the swordfish steaks over with a spatula. Allow 3 to 4 minutes of grilling time on the second side, then move the steaks to a lower heat on the side of the grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer until cooked through.
- Brush the remaining tablespoon of olive oil on the mango slices and grill for 1 to 2 minutes over high heat on each side until lightly glazed and remove.
- Serve with reserved marinade drizzled on cooked swordfish and then top with grilled mango slices and garnish with fresh parsley.
*If using a grill pan, heat to medium high heat. Grill the swordfish for 4 minutes on one side, then flip and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Follow mango grilling instructions above.
Serving suggestions: Serve fish, mango and remaining mango sauce on a bed of wild rice.