Mediterranean Chicken Summer Stir-Fry
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4cups diced yellow squash (about 2 large)
- 4cups diced zucchini (about 2 large)
- 1-- onion, diced
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Season chicken with 2 teaspoons oregano, and season to taste.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and cook chicken 3 minutes, stirring, or until chicken starts to brown. Add squash, zucchini, and onion, stirring, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, tomatoes, olives and remaining 1 teaspoon oregano, cooking another 5 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Add parsley, cooking one minute. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 183
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 51mg
- Sodium 203mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 23g