Mediterranean Garbanzo and Green Bean Salad
- Yield: 4 cups
This simple but nutritious salad is the perfect complement to a fresh summer meal.
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 2cups green beans, trimmed
- 1/2cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Steam the green beans over a double boiler until they are bright green and al dente. Cool; then cut in half.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Makes 4 cups.
Recipe courtesy of Carrie Farias who experiments with new meals each week that are family friendly and easy to recreate at home. Not sure what to make for dinner? Check out Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen for great ideas!
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 165
- Fat 1.3 g
- Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Fiber 8.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g