Mediterranean Tomato Bruschetta
- Yield: 9 servings
Serve this dish straight from the oven for a terrific appetizer. Use the best vine-ripened tomatoes you can find.
- 1-- (8-ounce) loaf French bread
- 2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4cup thinly sliced California Ripe Olives
- 1tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice French bread into 18 (3/4-inch thick) slices. Brush olive oil over bread and toast under boiler until slightly crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, green onion, olives and thyme in a medium bowl. Spoon tomato mixture on top of bread. Top with cheese. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese is bubbly.
Recipe by Anna Victoria Reich