Millet-Stuffed Red Peppers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon olive
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4cup tomato sauce
- 1cup cooked millet
- 4 red peppers, stems and tops removed
- 1/4cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add zucchini and carrot to the garlic and continue to cook until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes. Add tomato sauce and millet and mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide millet mixture evenly between 4 peppers, place in a roasting pan and cover tightly with tin foil. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove foil and divide shredded cheese evenly over the tops of each pepper. Place back in the oven until cheese has become bubbly and begun to brown, about 10 -15 minutes more. Serve hot with a green salad, or serve as a side for any sort of grilled or roasted meat.