Mini Crab Quiche
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3slices 100% whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6large omega-3 eggs
- 1-- (10-ounce) box frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1cup crabmeat (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Generously coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the bread cubes evenly among the muffin cups. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, squash, and two cheeses. Stir in the crab. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, pour the egg mixture into each of the muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, about 22 minutes.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 210
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Sodium 390mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 21g