Mini Deep Dish Polenta Pies
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup polenta
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1cup shredded Mozarella cheese
- 1/2cup mini pepperonis
- 1/2cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dehydrated tomatoes (or sun-dried)
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/4 cup water to a boil. Slowly add polenta, reduce heat to low, and whisk until polenta has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Lightly spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray. Spoon a few tablespoons of polenta into each cup, and then press down evenly with your fingers, until each ramekin has a small well in the center and the polenta slightly raises on the sides.
- Layer each cup with cheese, onion, mushrooms, pepperonis, dehydrated tomatoes and more cheese until it reaches the top.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with basil.
Bev blogs at Bevcooks.com because she’s obsessed with food and feels the obnoxious need to blab about it to you. Come hang out, eat, giggle and probably burp. What, it’s a food blog.