- 1cup asparagus, blanched and chopped
- 1/2cup onions, diced and lightly sauteed
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 6large eggs, beaten
- 1tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/2cup and 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2cup Gruyere cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4cup chives, chopped for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Blanch asparagus by adding asparagus to a pot of boiling water for 10 seconds. Strain boiling water off and quickly transfer to ready bowl of ice and water. Let cool then strain off water, dry completely and set aside.
- Lightly saute onions in olive oil.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, and ½ cup cream cheese until well mixed. Fold in Gruyere cheese, sautéed onions, and prepped asparagus.
- Prepare muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray covering 9 muffin cups. Ladle equal amounts of mixture into the sprayed muffin tin cups. Place muffin tin on sheet tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 F. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before attempting to remove from pan.
- Garnish with a ½ teaspoon dollop of cream cheese and sprinkle with chives.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 145
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 145mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Potassium 138mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Protein 10g
- Trans Fat 0g