- Yield: 2 servings
- 2cups frozen spinach
- 2cups frozen bananas (see recipe instructions)
- 1/4cup raw cashews
- 3tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2tablespoons (packed) minced fresh mint leaves
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2cups rice milk (original variety)
- 1/2cup coconut water
- sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Use the brownest, ripest bananas you can find—they become truly delicious when frozen.
- Before freezing, remove the banana peel, cut the fruit into pieces, and lay flat inside a sealable plastic freezer bag. This retains freshness and makes the banana pieces easier to work with.
- When cutting the bananas, be consistent—this simplifies measuring later. For example, you might decide to always cut bananas into sixths, so when a recipe calls for “one frozen banana,” you know how many pieces to include to create an entire banana.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Taste, and sweeten as desired.
Superfood boost: Add 1/4 teaspoon of chlorella powder (or to taste).
Reprinted with permission from Superfood Smoothies © 2013 by Julie Morris, Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. Photography by Julie Morris