Mixed Grain Pilaf with Dried Apricots and Pistachios
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4-- amaranth
- 1/4cup quinoa
- 3/4cup Basmati rice
- 1/4cup millet
- 1/2cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra to taste
- -- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2cups chicken stock
- 1cup water
- 3/4cup Wonderful Pistachios, lightly toasted
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add amaranth, quinoa, rice and millet and stir 1 to 2 minutes until grains are coated and hot. Increase heat to high. Add apricots, 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, stock and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 25 minutes until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed. Add California pistachios and fluff with a fork to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Wonderful Pistachios.